Quality Control Board (QCB) Gilgit Baltistan
Constituted under section 11 of the Drugs Act 1976, to:
- Ensure availability of quality medicine
- Scrutinize reports of Drug Inspectors / DTL
- Grant Permission for prosecution in the Drug Court/lodge FIR
- Recommend to Federal Government for cancellation / suspension of Manufacturing License
- Recommendations to the appropriate authority for action to be taken
- Monitoring and supervision of the working of Drug Inspectors
- Monitor/control of the working of field staff
Composition Of Drug Court Gb
- Chairman from Judiciary (Equivalent to Sessions Judge / Judge of High Court)
- Two Members; one from Pharmaceutical and one from Medical fields
From sampling to prosecution:
From sample collection to DTL
Testing in DTL
Challenging of reports
Testing time in NIH
Prosecution by PQCB
Right to challenge the report of DTL
Total time from sampling
GB Pharmacy Council (Established Under Pharmacy Act, 1967)
To regulate the Practice of Pharmacy and introduce pharmaceutical services
Functions of the Council
- Registration of Pharmacists.
- Registration of Pharmacy Assistant.
- Conduct examinations.
- Prepare & maintain Registers of
- Pharmacists and
- Apprentices in pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Assistant.
- Other functions empowered by the Act.
Activities of the Council
On job training of Hospital Pharmacist and Drug Inspectors
- Refresher Courses for Chemist / Pharmacy Assistants